Signup Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Microsoft teams up with Mcdonalds

Amateur

Microsoft teams up with Mcdonalds

Remember right before the PS4 launch when Sony had a campaign advertising a free PS4 if you went to Taco Bell. Will Microsoft is doing the same thing with Mcdonald's. You've probably seen the campaign yourself. Not only is Microsoft providing the company with 14,000 Xbox One's but also $1million in other prizes which I'm assuming to be games, and free Xbox Live and Gold memberships for a year. It looks like I'll be eating a lot of chicken nuggets.

McDonald’s “One Hot Holiday” Contest has finally kicked off, promising a whole load of Xboxrelated prizes from Microsoft and other partners, and doubtlessly aiming to provide a large amount of visibility for the new console from Redmond, not to mention a few pounds of meat on our ribs.

The list of prizes is actually quite rich. Those that will purchase a Southwest Premium McWrap, Medium Fries or a Bacon Habanero Ranch Quarter Pounder will have a chance to win 14,000 Xbox One consoles with Forza Motorsport 5, 10,000 combos with one month Xbox Music Pass and one month of Xbox Live Gold, 500,000 The Wolverine digital movies on Xbox Video, 50,000,000 Digital HD FOX TV Episodes on Xbox Video, 14,500,000 Aqua Xbox 360 Game Downloads, 35,000,000 Ms. Splosion Man Xbox 360 Game Download or 35,000,000 The Maw Xbox 360 Game Download, for a total value of $987,940,000 in prizes.
    Eat a Big Mac for an Xbox One
    Last edited by jstep; 12-06-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Added little extra info

XBL ID
    jstep7262
    Clan
    HBC
    Hmmm...I think I'm about to go get a medium fry and quarter pounder! This is a perfect excuse for some junk food!
    KN1GHTMARE likes this.

They might make this team up complete with an HD remaster of Mic and Mac Global Gladiators.

Cheatmaster
    XBL ID
    jedioutcast
    Quote Originally Posted by silvananoir View Post
    Eat a Big Mac for an Xbox One[/URL]
    Actually, it's a Quarter Pounder for an Xbox One... To score two chances, get a Quarter Pounder and medium size your order. Scored both "The Maw" and "Ms. 'Splosion Man" for the 360.

J
    lucas5987 likes this.
    You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy! -- BTTF2

XBL ID
    MagickMosteEvil
    I also won a copy of Splosion man, as did my buddy. Isn't that crazy?!? On further research, it seems to be the most available prize.. Its not a bad deal actually!

Wow, teaming with McDonald's is a big deal. Imagine when Monoply time comes around again and they put Xbox Ones on the game pieces.

In Training
    Hmm... Looks like I'll be eating McDonald's everyday for lunch for a while!! I eat at McDonald's a lot anyway, so maybe I'll actually win something. I've never won anything but extra fries in all the years they've been doing the Monopoly thing...

I've gotten burgers, drinks, and fries from Monopoly. Fries and a drink are the most likely prizes.

XBL ID
    jstep7262
    Clan
    HBC
    I want my money back. I'd rather eat healthy anyways! (The fries were kinda great though ) I got an episode of Enlisted and an episode of Raising Hope. Meh.

Damn you got lemons, jstep

Cheatmaster
    lol An episode of Raising Hope. That's like when people reach in the box on That Metal show and pull out a comedy CD or a non-metal, barely hard rock album.
    MetalSwift and badbanana like this.

Ahh! Gotta love these good ol' competitions! Always a good excuse to eat some fast food! The first bite always tastes good then when you're about halfway through, it's horrible!

In Training
    Why do I not see advertisements for that here.

Damn these big corporations discriminating against us.

Amateur
    I agree, this is a great excuse for getting some junk food. However I do not like my odds when trying to win something such as a Xbox One from Mcdonalds. Although I never like my odds with anything like this.

Sure, it's a great excuse for some junky eating...but I wish they had chosen just about ANY other fast food place. Ugh, my son will be happy at least >.>

I honestly cannot say that it does much for me. I'm not very impressed with McDonald's so I cannot see going there just in the hopes of getting something out of it. I'm sure my scale at least will be pleased with my decision. Good luck to anyone that does go for it though.

Cheatmaster
    XBL ID
    thedoodseven
    Wow. That's a nice partnership. If only they could the same thing here in the Philippines, I'd be eating there everyday! (Kidding. Not going to do the everyday thing. Supersize Me comes to my mind). But still, this is a good partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by jstep7262 View Post
    Hmmm...I think I'm about to go get a medium fry and quarter pounder! This is a perfect excuse for some junk food!
    Haha, exactly! That commercial made me hungry for a cheeseburger! With fries! And of course, with another Xbox One! (since I already have one, this one would be to sell and get more junk food and the loop could go on and on)
    rkkeller likes this.

XBL ID
    MetalSwift
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderSteel View Post
    lol An episode of Raising Hope. That's like when people reach in the box on That Metal show and pull out a comedy CD or a non-metal, barely hard rock album.
    That's so true. Today I got an HD episode of a FOX show on Xbox Video. So this basically...

badbanana likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AliDee View Post
    Ahh! Gotta love these good ol' competitions! Always a good excuse to eat some fast food! The first bite always tastes good then when you're about halfway through, it's horrible!
    Agreed. I can't eat that crap anymore. It just sits in my stomach. Thank goodness I had a One preordered and don't have to cross my fingers that I win.

Cheatmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSwift View Post
    That's so true. Today I got an HD episode of a FOX show on Xbox Video. So this basically...

XD hahahahahaha "I got a rock". that's hilarious. Ah, sometimes the free stuff just makes me laugh when it's not really... I don't know, exciting? As for the McDonald's partnership, not sure what to make of it. Not really exciting for me.

I already got one of the game downloads they offer. I have no idea how to redeem it though. Do you have to do it on a PC and then to the Xbox, or do you need to do it from the XBOX. The code didn't work in the redeem code section.

XBL ID
    jstep7262
    Clan
    HBC
    The website is on the front of the game piece. Once you register and enter the code there, an e-mail with a code to enter into the Xbox will show up. I registered my pieces on Saturday and got the e-mail with the 25-digit code last night (Monday night).

XBL ID
    MetalSwift
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondback8 View Post
    XD hahahahahaha "I got a rock". that's hilarious. Ah, sometimes the free stuff just makes me laugh when it's not really... I don't know, exciting?
    But the winning pieces you peel are always excited about what you won. It's either bold and all caps or with an exclamation mark. When I see "You Won (Unexciting Prize)" it's like "...did I really win? I don't feel like a winner."

...I was more stoked that time I pulled two pieces off a box of fries and won a large fry and a milk shake.

As for the McDonald's partnership, not sure what to make of it. Not really exciting for me.
    It draws some more attention to the Xbox One and McDonald's moves a bunch of food. It works for both of them. I'm more excited during fall Monoply though.
    KN1GHTMARE and ThunderSteel like this.

Cheatmaster
    XBL ID
    jedioutcast
    Anyone interested in a free copy of Ms. 'Splosion Man, PM me... I've got another free code.

J
    You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy! -- BTTF2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast