Signup Now
    Cheatmaster

Monthly fee to play ESO

I think I've guessed that it was going to be subscription based like WoW, but it was confirmed that the game requiring you to pay every month to play ESO for the price of $15. Honestly, it's not that much considering how much hype and excitement there has been for ESO. ESO has been one of my highly anticipated games ever since the game was announced. I signed up for beta, but unfortunately, I didn't get a response back. I think this will be the next big WoW if they designed the game well enough to keep players entertained and have unlimited gameplay material.

Putting an end to speculation that the massively multiplayer entry in Bethesda's award-winning role-playing franchise would be free-to-play, Zenimax Online's Matt Firor has confirmed The Elder Scrolls Online will follow a subscription-based business model.
    Via Kotaku

XBL ID
    SiNAR 212
    Oh man I saw this. My wife is going to be SO UPSET! That is all she plays is Skyrim

Cheatmaster
    I guess, I will be going back to Skyrim then. I am not going to buy any game for $60 and then pay $15 a month afterwards. I just can't afford it period.

Old School casual player. rkkeller's Avatar
    XBL ID
    rkkeller
    I really enjoyed the Elder Scrolls games on my 360, but do not see myself paying a monthly fee for it.

Cheatmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    I really enjoyed the Elder Scrolls games on my 360, but do not see myself paying a monthly fee for it.
    It was horrible on console. Skyrim is meant to be played on PC. It's a much better game with mods installed. Anyways, I am not looking forward to ESO either.

XBL ID
    N/A
    I was extremely impressed by the concept of this game and the reveal trailer was incredible however after looking at the game and seeing the performance issues it is having I am now having my doubts. If the game is to be done, it should be done properly and I'm not sure if we're going to be getting the quality that we'll be paying for. And I'm not at all certain I wan to pay for it at all, or if I can even afford it. $60 for the game and then $15 every month is way way too much money, especially if you plan on playing it for about a year, which is how long I spent playing Skyrim, that's $204 for a video game, and I don't think I'd pay that for a game if I was blind drunk. Sorry Elder Scrolls online, but I think I'll wait till you inevitably become free to play.